Clayton police are seeking a man on charges of selling cocaine, crystal meth and marijuana from two houses downtown. A woman wanted on the same charges has turned herself in.
On Tuesday, police seized drugs from rental houses at 306 S. Smith St. and 204 John St. in downtown Clayton. The houses are within blocks of each other.
“We are very pleased to have removed this quantity of narcotics from our community,” said Clayton Police Chief R.W. Bridges. “We’re also very concerned to see this much methamphetamine in our town and intend to stop this kind of trafficking well before it becomes a trend. ”
On Tuesday, police seized:
• More than 350 grams of crystal methamphetamine. (Meth also comes in pill form.)
• 32 grams of powder cocaine.
• More than 16 grams of marijuana.
• 12 grams of psychedelic mushrooms.
• Assorted prescription pills.
• Drug paraphernalia.
• $6,000 in cash
Clayton police obtained warrants charging 34-year-old Jeremy Everidge and 27-year-old Leah Scheib with the following:
• Trafficking in crystal methamphetamine.
• Possession with intent to sell and distribute methamphetamine.
• Trafficking cocaine.
• Possession with Intent to sell and distribute Marijuana.
• Three counts of possession with intent to sell and distribute prescription drugs.
• Two counts of possession with intent to sell and distribute cocaine.
• Seven counts of maintaining a dwelling for use, storage or sale of controlled substances.
• Possession of drug paraphernalia.
Scheib surrendered Wednesday and was jailed under a $101,000 bond. Police continue their search for Everidge.
Police obtained the warrants after an officer pulled over Jeremy Everidge for a routine traffic stop and discovered information leading police to believe that Everidge had drugs at his home.
Police ask anyone with information on the whereabouts of Everidge or Scheib to call police at 919-553-4611 or Clayton Crime Stoppers at 919-359-8479 or at email@example.com. Tipsters can remain anonymous and might qualify for a reward.