• The North Carolina Central University Johnston County alumni chapter is offering a scholarship for textbooks to a Johnston County student who plans to attend North Carolina Central University this fall. The deadline to apply is May 15. Contact Margaret Barbee: email@example.com or 919-585-2934.
• The Republican Party of North Carolina’s 7th District convention is April 13 in Clinton at the Heritage Hall of the Sampson County Agri-Exposition Center, 414, Warsaw Road. Registered Republicans who attend their local county convention in March are eligible to attend. For details contact Joy Paul at 919-255-0990 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Doug Boyd Foundation, Inc.’s annual golf tournament begins with registration at noon April 6, at River Ridge Golf Club, 3224 Auburn Knightdale Road, Raleigh. Golfers can register and pay online at dougboydfoundation.org. Contact Doug Boyd at email@example.com.
• Casting call for a charity fashion show 10 a.m.-noon April 13 and 20. The fashion show is April 21. Go to facebook.com/events/199201073557365 for details. Charities for the show: Michael Smith Scholarship Foundation and SafeKids.
Relay for Life
• Lee’s Chapel Baptist Church Relay for Life team will hold a 5K Run/Walk, April 27 at the Middlesex Power Clinic. Call Patsy Narron at 919-524-6453 or Robin Irby at 252-299-2978. Registration deadline is March 29.
• Road Runners Relay for Life Team will hold its annual golf tournament April 19 at the Riverwood Golf Course of Clayton. Tee time is noon and registration is $70 per golfer. Call 919-585-7107 for registration information. Applications must be received by April 13.
• The Johnston County Republican Women’s monthly meeting is March 21 beginning with a Dutch Supper at 6 p.m. followed by the 6:30 meeting at Festejos in Clayton. Chris Farr of Americans For Prosperity NC is this month’s speaker. Registered Republican women and their spouses are welcome. Contact Teresa Grant, JCRW President, at 919-606-1070 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Democratic Women of Johnston County will meet at 6:30 p.m. March 21 at St. Paul’s Episcopal Church, 218 S. Second St., Smithfield. Call 919-550-4186.
• Clayton Visual Arts, Inc., meets at noon the first Tuesday of the month at the Clayton Center. Artists and non-artists are welcome.
• Clayton Area Toastmasters meet from 6-7 p.m. Thursdays at the Workforce Development Center, 135 Best Wood Drive. Call Anthony Allen at 919-585-2098 or visit claytontm.com.