• The Community and Senior Services of Johnston County is having a Caregiver Retreat 10 a.m.-2 p.m., March 16. The free retreat is at the Johnston Community Church, 450 Janie Road, Selma. There will be entertainment, lunch, door prizes and helpful literature. For reservations, call 919-934-6066.
• Dr. Domingo Rodriquez Cue, a sleep physician, will talk about insomnia and other sleep issues during a free sleep learning event set for 5:30-7 p.m. March 21 at the Clayton Center, 111 E. Second St. For reservations, call 919-870-8600 ext. 250 or email email@example.com.
• The North Carolina Central University Johnston County alumni chapter is offering a scholarship for textbooks to a Johnston County student who plans to attend North Carolina Central University this fall. The deadline to apply is May 15. Contact Margaret Barbee: firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-585-2934.
• The Republican Party of North Carolina 7th District convention is April 13 in Clinton at the Heritage Hall of the Sampson County Agri-Exposition Center, 414, Warsaw Road. Registered Republicans who attend their local county convention in March are eligible to attend. For details contact Joy Paul at 919-255-0990 or email@example.com.
• Maurice Godwin, a criminal investigative psychologist, will give a presentation about the writing and research processes involved in his textbook, “Hunting Serial Predators,” at Johnston Community College 1:30-3 p.m., March 21. The free presentation is at the JCC Library on the Smithfield campus.
• Casting call for charity fashion show 10 a.m.-noon April 13 and 20. The fashion show is April 21. Go to facebook.com/events/ for details. Charities for the show: Michael Smith Scholarship Foundation and SafeKids.
• The Spring Fling Craft Show is 9 a.m.-3 p.m. March 16 at 40/42 Plaza, 5638 N.C. 42 W., Garner. Vendors needed. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Celeste Chavez, a senior at West Johnston High School, has to complete a senior project to graduate. Chavez is participating in the Angels Among Us 5k Walk and she hopes to raise $500 by April 20.
Make donations at dccc.convio.net. Angels Among Us supports cancer research in the fight against brain cancer.
• The Democratic Women of Johnston County will meet at 6:30 p.m. March 21 at St. Paul’s Episcopal Church, 218 S. Second St., Smithfield. Call 919-550-4186.
• Clayton Visual Arts, Inc., meets at noon the first Tuesday of the month at the Clayton Center. Artists and non-artists are welcome.
• Clayton Area Toastmasters meet from 6-7 p.m. Thursdays at the Workforce Development Center, 135 Best Wood Drive. Call Anthony Allen at 919-585-2098 or visit claytontm.com.