• “Dining with the Arts,” a program that supports Clayton-area artists by displaying their work in local restaurants wants artwork. Clayton Visual Arts will display submitted art at Clayton Steakhouse, 307 E. Main St., or Skylines Restaurant, 8878 U.S. 70 B. East. For details contact Emily Brown, chairman of Dining with the Arts, at email@example.com or 919-971-6800.
• The Community and Senior Services of Johnston County is having a Caregiver Retreat 10 a.m.-2 p.m., March 16. The free retreat is at the Johnston Community Church, 450 Janie Road., Selma. There’s entertainment, lunch, door prizes and helpful literature. For reservations, call 919-934-6066 by March 1 and ask for Chrystal.
• Hopes N Dreams’ annual bowling tournament is March 7 at Rainbow Lanes in Clayton. Registration begins at 6 p.m. Call Dale Bender at 919-934-4415 or Rose Walker at 919-207-1551. Proceeds support programs for intellectually challenged children and adults. Find information on Facebook @hopesndreamsincnc.
• Celeste Chavez, a senior at West Johnston High School, has to complete a senior project to graduate. Chavez is participating in the Angels Among Us 5k Walk and she hopes to raise $500 by April 20. Make donations at dccc.convio.net. Angels Among Us supports cancer research in the fight against brain cancer.
• The Spring Fling Craft Show is from 9 a.m.-3 p.m. March 16 at 40/42 Plaza, 5638 N.C. 42 W., Garner. Vendors needed. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Clayton Visual Arts, Inc., meets at noon the first Tuesday of the month at the Clayton Center. Artists and non-artists are welcome. Clayton Visual Arts, Inc., focuses on bringing art to Clayton. For details visit claytonvisualartsnc.org.
• Clayton Area Toastmasters meet from 6-7 p.m. Thursdays at the Workforce Development Center, 135 Best Wood Drive. Call Anthony Allen at 919-585-2098 or visit claytontm.com.