Food, clothing pantries
• Everetts Chapel Original Free Will Baptist Church, 307 Everett Ave., Clayton, has used clothing for needy families. The church accepts clean, gently-used items. For information, call 919-553-5236.
• Feed My Sheep food pantry is open the second Saturday of the month from 9 a.m.-noon at Christ Community United Methodist Church, 1082 Amelia Church Road, Clayton. Call 919-553-9770 or visit claytonccumc.org.
• Grace Episcopal Church is hosting an Italian supper 5-7 p.m. Feb. 1 at 111 Lee Court, Clayton. Call 919-553-2810 for reservations, eat in or take out.
• Awana is in session 6:30 p.m. Wednesdays at Bethesda Baptist Church, 4967 U.S. 70 W. Business between Clayton and Smithfield. For information, contact Brigitte Creech, 919-961-0759 or email@example.com.
• First Baptist Clayton is hosting Holy Grounds Coffee House, a free gathering for coffee, cookies, and conversation at Jones Cafe on Main Street 7-8 p.m. on the fourth Thursday of the month. For information call 919-553-4161.
• Mt. Vernon Christian Church will hold a special service called Take it to the Streets Jan. 31 at 7 p.m. Church members and representatives from Project Access and the Johnston County Department of Social Services will be visiting neighborhoods and ministering to those who have spiritual, physical and psychological needs.
• Sisters Sharing the Savior are studying the books of Ruth, Esther and Proverbs from 9:30-11:30 a.m. Tuesdays through April at Christ Community United Methodist Church, 1082 Amelia Church Road, Clayton. For information, call 919-697-1214.
• The Discovery Church at 195 N.C. 42 E., Clayton, has Bible study from 7-8:30 a.m. Wednesdays. For information, call 919-553-7256.
• Dave Ramsey’s Financial Peace University, a nine-week course, is 7 p.m. Wednesdays, through April 3 at Believers Baptist Church, 100 Southerland Road, Clayton. To register call 919-938-3429. The same course is set for 5 p.m. Sundays, through April 7 at Faith Community Church, 2180 Steel Bridge Road, Clayton. To register call Angie Sutpin, 919-934-2359.
• Shiloh Baptist Church, 3414 N. Shiloh Road, Garner offers a grief support group for anyone who is suffering over the death of a loved one. The next group is 6:30 p.m. Wednesdays, through April 3. Contact Lee Smith at 919-553-3319 ext. 202 or shilohgarner.org.
• Hocutt Baptist Preschool will take registrations for its two, three, four and five day programs beginning Feb. 11. Contact Sherry Morgan at 919-553-9897 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
• Discovery Church Preschool is enrolling for the spring and fall, with immediate openings in its three- and four-year-old classes. For information, visit discovery-church.com, email email@example.com, or call 919-553-7256.
• The Baptist Center Church preschool is enrolling children ages two-four. Call Sherri Anderson at 919-553-3119.
• Mount Moriah preschool is enrolling children for this school year. For information visit www.mountmoriahpreschool.net or call 919-772-1273, Ext. 8.
• First Presbyterian Church preschool in Smithfield is enrolling children ages two-four. For information call 919-208-5106 or 919-934-0988.
• The preschool at Clayton Crossings is accepting applications for the fall and spring terms. Call 919-272-3600.
• The Child Development Center at First Baptist Church is enrolling children ages four and younger. Call Jo Scott at 919-550-4018.