• First Baptist Church of Clayton Child Development Center fundraiser night is 5-8 p.m. Nov. 1 at Zaxby's Restaurant, 12857 U.S. 70, Clayton There is a bounce house and face painting and 15 percent of sales go to the child development center. Call 919-550-4018.
• Clyde’s Chapel Baptist Church will hold its fall Brunswick stew and barbecue chicken meal, Nov. 3 beginning with takeout at 4:30 and dine in at 5 p.m. There is an auction after the meal. Proceeds support the Baptist Men’s Missions.
• Christ Community United Methodist Church will host a Pinewood Derby Nov. 3. Testing is from 10:30 a.m.-noon, and races start at 1 p.m. Silent auctions are at noon and 2:30 p.m. The church is accepting donations for the auction. Call Chris Cipriani, 919-810-8901 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Fall Festival and Arts and Crafts Show is 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Nov. 10 at New Bethel Baptist Church, 2110 Benson Road, Garner. Email email@example.com.
• White Oak Baptist Church will hold a bazaar at 6 p.m. Nov. 16 at the Archer Lodge Community Center, 14009 Buffalo Road. Proceeds support mission projects. Call 919-553-7560 or visit whiteoakchurch.us/wp.
• Oakland Presbyterian Church,8927 Cleveland Road, Clayton is having its annual church bazaar 8 a.m.-2 p.m. Nov. 17 with lots of homemade food and craft items on sale. Call 919-934-5476.
• Fellowship Baptist Church, 911 W. Main St., Clayton, is having an Old Fashioned Day with lunch and guest speaker on Oct. 28. Call 919-553-6774 or visit www.fellowshipbaptist.com.
• Hallelujah Night at Baptist Center Church, 2163 Ranch Road, Clayton, is 5-8 p.m. Oct. 28. Free family fun includes inflatable’s games, hotdogs, crafts and hayrides.
• Beginning Oct. 28, Hocutt Baptist Church’s new Sunday schedule begins with Sunday School at 9 a.m. and worship at 10:30 a.m. Hocutt Baptist Church is at 215 S. Robertson St., Clayton.
• Trunk-or-treat at Trinity Freewill Baptist Church is 6:30 p.m. Oct. 31 at 4075 Little Creek Church Road, Clayton. Hotdogs, games, and fun for all ages. Call Rhonda Davis, 919-585-6835.
• Children and their parents are welcome to stop by the Mosaic Community Garden, 439 E. Main St. for candy and games during the downtown Halloween Parade, Oct. 31.
• Trunk or Treat and a hayride at Bethesda Baptist Church is 6:30-7:30 p.m. Oct. 31at 4967 N.C. 70 W. Business. Call t919-553-7678, 9 a.m.-2 p.m., Monday-Thursday.
• Grace Episcopal Church is having an Italian Supper 5-7 p.m. Nov. 2 at 111 Lee Court, Clayton. Call 919-553-2810 for reservation.
• The women of Wesley Chapel African Methodist Episcopal Church are hosting a workshop 10 a.m.-noon, Nov. 3 at 867 Cleveland Road, Smithfield. Call Lillie Kriby, 919-934-7821 to RSVP.
• Riley Hill Baptist Church is having its 140th homecoming beginning at 5 p.m. with a reception followed by a gospel concert at 7 p.m. Nov. 9. Sunday worship service is 11 a.m. Nov. 11.
Food, clothing pantries
• Christ Community United Methodist Church “Feed My Sheep” food pantry is open the second Saturday of the month 9 a.m.-noon at 1082 Amelia Church Road, Clayton. Call 919-553-9770 or claytonccumc.org.
• Everett Chapel Church, 307 Everett Ave., Clayton is donating used clothing to needy families. The church is also accepting clean, gently used items. Call 919-553-5236.
• The Church at Clayton Crossings, 11407 U.S. 70 Business W., Clayton, is having an Operation Christmas Child Countdown celebration 2:30-4 p.m. Oct. 28. Izabella McMillon will share her story of receiving a shoe box gift as a child. To register call 919-359-6011.
The church is a site where donors can drop off shoeboxes packed with toys, school supplies and necessities during National Collection Week, Nov. 12-19. To participate, call 704-583-1463 or visit samaritanspurse.org.
• Greater Heights United Methodist Church, 111 E. Second St., Clayton, offers a financial-planning course at 9:15 a.m. Sundays through Nov. 4. Call Jay Hall at 919-359-0504 to register.
• Hocutt Memorial Baptist Church at 215 S. Robertson St., Clayton, is offering a nine-week financial-planning course at 6:30 p.m. Wednesdays through Nov. 7. Call Mark McClanahan at 919-553-6650.
• Southside Community Church at 2028 Orton Road, Clayton, is offering a nine-week financial-planning course at 6:30 p.m. Wednesdays until Nov. 14. Call Kent Woodard at 919-553-7003 to register.
• Sisters Sharing the Savior are studying the books of Ruth, Esther and Proverbs from 9:30-11:30 a.m. Tuesdays through April at Christ Community United Methodist Church, 1082 Amelia Church Road, Clayton. Call 919-697-1214.
• The Discovery Church at 195 N.C. 42 East, Clayton, has Bible study from 7-8:30 a.m. Wednesdays. Call 919-553-7256 or 919-523-4344.
Grief support group
• The spiritual care department of Johnston Health, and SECU Hospice House and Home Care & Hospice, are hosting the annual Community Memorial Service at 3 p.m. Nov. 4 in Johnston Community College’s Paul A. Johnston Auditorium. Anyone who has lost a loved one this year is welcome to come and bring a swatch of fabric in that loved ones memory. Call 209-3655.
• Shiloh Baptist Church is also hosting a surviving-the-holidays seminar from 9-11:30 a.m. Nov. 10. For details call 919-553-3319, ext. 202, or visit shilohgarner.org.
• The Child Development Center at First Baptist Church is enrolling children ages 4 and younger. Call Jo Scott at 919-550-4018.
• The Baptist Center Church preschool is enrolling children ages 2-4. Call Sherri Anderson at 919-553-3119.
• Mount Moriah preschool is enrolling children for this school year. Visit www.mountmoriahpreschool.net or call 919-772-1273, ext. 8.
• First Presbyterian Church preschool in Smithfield is enrolling children ages 2-4. Call 919-208-5106 or 919-934-0988.
• The preschool at Clayton Crossings is accepting applications for the fall and spring terms. Call the 919-272-3600.