• A benefit with vendors, raffles, a silent auction, carriage rides and more is scheduled from 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Oct. 20 at Elizabeth United Methodist Church, 4269 Cleveland Road, Smithfield. The benefit will help a local family with medical bills. Call Debra Kadlec at 919-464-8051 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The King’s Messengers, Legacy and the Social Security Boys will perform at 7 p.m. Oct. 20 at Everett Chapel Church, 307 Everett Ave., Clayton. Thoss is a fundraiser for children’s Christmas gifts.
• Fellowship Baptist Church, 911 W. Main St., Clayton, has several special services planned in October, including an Old Fashioned Day with lunch and guest speakers for services Oct. 21 and 28. For details, call 919-553-6774 or visit www.fellowshipbaptist.com.
• Christ Community United Methodist Church, 1082 Amelia Church Road, Clayton, will have an “American Heritage Girls” information meeting at 10 a.m. Oct. 27. AHG is a Christ-centered, character-development ministry for girls ages 5-18.
• Calvary United Methodist Church, 329 Medlin Road, Clayton, will celebrate homecoming Oct. 14. The day will feature a covered-dish meal at 1 p.m. and services at 2 p.m. Becky Balentine will speak.
• Sisters Sharing the Savior are studying the books of Ruth, Esther and Proverbs from 9:30-11:30 a.m. Tuesdays through April at Christ Community United Methodist Church, 1082 Amelia Church Road, Clayton. Call 919-697-1214.
• The Discovery Church at 195 N.C. 42 East, Clayton, has Bible study from 7-8:30 a.m. Wednesdays. Call 919-553-7256 or 919-523-4344.
Grief support group
• Shiloh Baptist Church offers a 13-week grief-support group for anyone suffering from the death of a loved one. It meets from 6:30-8 p.m. Wednesdays through Oct. 27 at 3414 N. Shiloh Road, Garner. Call 919-553-3319, Ext. 202.
• The Child Development Center at First Baptist Church is enrolling children ages 4 and younger. Call Jo Scott at 919-550-4018.
• The Baptist Center Church preschool is enrolling children ages 2-4. Call Sherri Anderson at 919-553-3119.
• Mount Moriah preschool is enrolling children for this school year. Visit www.mountmoriahpreschool.net or call 919-772-1273, Ext. 8.
• First Presbyterian Church preschool in Smithfield is enrolling children ages 2-4. Call 919-208-5106 or 919-934-0988.
• The preschool at Clayton Crossings is accepting applications for the fall and spring terms. Call the 919-272-3600.