• The Richardson Place Homeowners Association, Inc. annual meeting is 10 a.m.-noon Oct. 13 at The Clayton Center.
• The Johnston County Voluntary Agricultural district board will meet at 6:30 p.m. Oct. 15 at the Johnston County Agricultural Center at 2736 N.C. 210, Smithfield.
• For the next two months, Johnston County Board of Education meetings normally held in the Simpson Building will be in the A.G. Glenn Building. The board meetings are set for 2 p.m. Nov. 15 and Dec. 11.
• The Democratic Women of Johnston County will meet at 6:30 p.m., Oct. 16 at St. Paul’s Episcopal Church, 218 S. Second St., Smithfield. For questions or directions, call the headquarters office, 919-550-4186.
• The Newcomers and Neighbors Club meets at 7 p.m. the fourth Wednesday of each month at the Woman’s Club on Church Street, September-May.
• The Clayton High School powder-puff football game is 7 p.m. Oct. 10 at the high school. Admission is $5 for 11 and older, $2 for children. Proceeds are for senior scholarships, matching funds grants and teacher appreciation week.
• The Knightdale Kiwanis Club is selling barbecue plates Oct. 12 starting at 10 a.m. at Knightdale Family Medicine, 6905 Knightdale Blvd. Proceeds support local Kiwanis service projects.
• The Sue Daniels Memorial Run/Walk for Backpack Buddies begins at 9 a.m. Oct. 13 at Wilson’s Mills Town Hall, 101 Railroad St. Register online at www.runtheeast.com.
• The Rotary clubs of Clayton will hold their annual wine-tasting fundraiser at 7 p.m. Oct. 13 at The Clayton Center, 111 E. Second St. Proceeds support the clubs’ scholarship funds.
• The Partnership for Children of Johnston County is holding its annual Outback Steakhouse fundraiser Oct.10 at the Smithfield Outback Steakhouse. Two seatings are available, 11 a.m. and 1 p.m., for $10. For tickets, call 919-202-0002 or come to the Partnership for Children Selma office, 1406-A S. Pollock St.
• Harbor’s fundraiser, Walk the Trail in Her Shoes, is Oct. 13 at the walking trail on the Johnston Health Smithfield campus. Registration is 11 a.m., and the walk begins at 11:30. Local businessmen, male community leaders and young adults are expected to wear women’s shoes and participate in this year’s walk. Go to www.harborshelter.org for more information. To register, donate or sponsor, call 919-938-3566.
• A Party in Pink Zumbathon event is scheduled for 2 to 4:30 p.m. Oct. 20 in the Riverwood Middle School gymnasium. Tickets are $5. Contact Karrin Quinn at email@example.com. Proceeds benefit the Susan G. Komen for the Cure charity.
• The Johnston Health Champions 5K Walk/Run begins at 8 a.m. Oct. 27 in front of Johnston Medical Center in Smithfield. Children 12 and under can walk with a parent or guardian for free. Entry fees are $25 for the run or $20 for the walk. Proceeds support a capital campaign to expand and renovate the hospital’s emergency department. Registration forms are at the HealthQuest Wellness Center or at www.johnstonhealth.org.