• Ken’s Korny Corn Maze in Garner has teamed up with North Carolina’s Outstanding Little Miss Queens to host Family Fun Night Out 4-9 p.m. Sept. 28.
Mention Children’s Miracle Network when purchasing tickets and a portion of the evening’s proceeds will go to this charity.
• The Sue Daniels Memorial Run/Walk for Backpack Buddies begins at 9 a.m. Oct. 13 at Wilson’s Mills Town Hall, 101 Railroad St. Register online at runtheeast.com.
• The Rotary clubs of Clayton will hold their annual wine-tasting fundraiser at 7 p.m. Oct. 13 at The Clayton Center, 111 E. Second St.
Proceeds support the clubs’ scholarship funds.
• The Partnership for Children of Johnston County is holding its annual Outback Steakhouse fundraiser Oct.10 at the Smithfield Outback Steakhouse.
Two seatings are available, 11a.m. and 1 p.m. for $10. For tickets, call 919-202-0002 or come to the Partnership for Children Selma office, 1406-A S. Pollock St., Selma.
• A Party in Pink Zumbathon marathon event is scheduled from 2 to 4:30 p.m. Oct. 20 in the Riverwood Middle School gymnasium. Tickets are $5.
Contact Karrin Quinn at email@example.com. Proceeds benefit the Susan G. Komen for the Cure charity.
• The Johnston Health Champions 5K Walk/Run will begin at 8 a.m. Oct. 27 at the front of Johnston Medical Center in Smithfield. Children 12 and under can walk with a parent or guardian for free.
Entry fees are $25 for the run or $20 for the walk.
Proceeds support a capital campaign to expand and renovate the hospital’s emergency department.
Registration forms are at the HealthQuest wellness center or at johnstonhealth.org.
• Clayton Town Square Concert Series dates are the third Thursday of the month from 7 to 9 p.m. on the Town Square at 100 W. Main St.
• The Clayton Farm & Community Market is open 9 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturdays on the Town Square at Main and O’Neill streets.
• Johnston Community College offers free business seminars and counseling at the Workforce Development Center, 135 Bestwood Drive in Clayton.
Contact Shelley Gardner, 919-209-2591, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The school also offers continuing education courses. Call Vic McCormick 919-209-2595.
Students also can find information and register online at johnstoncc.edu/sbcregistration.aspx.
• The Clayton Parks and Recreation After-School program for kids in grades K-5 operates Monday-Friday from school dismissal to 6 p.m.
Call Wanda Tetterton at 919-553-1550 for information.